Tuesday, November 27, 2007

poems

Ode to Rho

When I first heard of thee,
I thought what splendid name!
What shape wilt thou take?
But I found my hope vain.
What great use could you be?
This treasure called rho.
Then I found out you were only a p
What great wo!

Poor sweet rho, still the name calls on.
The majestic, the powerful, the fearsome,
A worthy name to be found,
On some mighty warrior in some distant star,
But yet again you are only a p.



What are we coming to,
In worlds that fit on screens?
It is asleep, dead and gray,
Then alive, brave and bold!
Who is man that enters such a box?
He is whomever he desires
Whomever he wills,
Whomever he shall be.

Yet the life of flair dies with the plug,
Ending in a different life.
Can existence be perpetuated into the screen?
Many have tried and find life better on the web.
There is so much more to see.

But again remember, that when the computer goes out
Our life, our true life, is all that will be.

1 comment:

Brian and Alicia said...

Bravo D.H. I like the poem. It is well written and makes you think!