Thursday, September 20, 2007

FW: Poetry-What is Man

A poem dedicated to God.

O what is man that Thou art mindful of him?
Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels.
Thou art King, Ruler, Master and God
Yet choosest the name Father?

“How oft have I called you,” ye say,
“Called you by the mouth of my servants,
By the voice of tempests, of lightnings, of natures blows
Of mercy, glory and the riches of everlasting life
But ye would not!”

What is man that Thou art mindful of him?
To be patient with him, entreat him and show him grace?
That Thou wouldst command him to call upon Thee,
To seek Thy aid and give Thee praise;
Shouldst Ye not have else to do?

What is man that Thou art mindful of him, dear Lord?
That Thou wouldst pay his sins and bear his pains?
Which cost so great a price; even the blood of eternity?

Yet Thou hast promised that in some day,
We shall see as we are seen.

We see through a glass darkly; But then face to face:
Now in part I know the why;

But then shall I know, even as I am known.
In essence the matter lies: A son of God am I.

No comments: